terça-feira, 31 de março de 2009

My Alentejo

I intended to post a video now and my choice fall in the beautiful documentary broadcasted by SIC (Portuguese TV broadcaster…but obviously a Natural World documentary offered by BBC) about the biodiversity existing not only in my country but specifically in my region in opposition with another video, this one broadcasted by TVI (another Portuguese TV broadcaster) where words like corrupt are placed in the same sentence as the name of the prime minister from the country where I live... Back to the beauty, the so called ‘montado’ is described so beautifully in the documentary and is presented all his charm, environmental importance and magnificent splendor that actually surprised me seen this way. I just watched it here in the Internet and it is my intention to share it with you as I am dazzled. The title is Creatures of the Cork Forest and also presents a discussion about the natural corks stoppers placed in wine bottles being substituted by an artificial seal. After this… I definitely vote for natural corks. I left you with an ancestral Portuguese proverb about the importance of the years in this beautiful scenario which is important to preserve:
"Vinhas das minhas,
Olivais dos meus pais,
E montados dos meus antepassados…"

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

All comments are accepted as equal, no matter the content, just inspire me with your words...