segunda-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2009

My January Nights

Does the title sounds bohemian? Or you might compare it with a nice movie called My Blueberry Nights, which not being enthusiastic offers you a very pleasant time watching it. For those who appreciate the girl Norah Jones (do not read as a bastard comment) and are curious about a possible performance, this is the movie.

In my student days with final examinations in this period, I still am a student but now with all my courses finished I just do not have more examinations, my January nights were precisely the same that are now. All the supposed study made in this month is corrupted by Australian Open which is broadcasted on Eurosport. As the meridian in Australia, specifically Melbourne, is not Greenwich as where I live, obviously the day hours are completely different. To a nice hour to play tennis there, corresponds a late hour to go to bed here where the next day is supposed to start early and studying. How is it possible then, to bring together Australian Open with January study? We should have priorities and certainly we should consider that Australian Open is the first Grand Slam of the year and only happens once a year while some courses are available in both semesters and we even have two chances in the exams. Certainly we will eventually (I like the casualty in the certain) finish our degree and follow the professional life, inclusively being paid despite our total lack of responsibility. So I guess an answer is achieved then and all the worries about my study hours were not reasonable because it existed a simple and justified reason to do what I do, which is to stay seated (or laid) staring at TV and watching pure moments of beautiful tennis all night long... Ok it is not all night long because the full broadcast really goes into the night, almost morning, in the first rounds of the event where a lot of matches take place, and also obviously as long as the event is developing, the more interesting matches become.

As Twitter information: Currently watching Gael Monfils – Gilles Simon at Rod Laver Arena

Tunes

1 comentário:

All comments are accepted as equal, no matter the content, just inspire me with your words...